- All materials that we accept are upgraded into uses that are not only innovative, but we take great care to select end markets that are responsible and return the best value to our customers.
- Plastics are collected, sorted and re-processed to be made into new products.
- Food Waste and Packaged Foods are first sorted, depackaged and processed to end up as animal feeds, fertilizers and composted soils. The packaging is also all recycled through our expertise in wood, paper, plastic and metal recycling achieving up to 100% diversion.
- Hazardous and Industrial Wastes are transported under a TDG License eliminating risk to your company. We take great care to access solutions with these materials: – flammables are turned into fuel blends, acids are neutralized and other materials are handled according to Provincial and Federal Laws that we answer to.
- X-ray, NDT and Litho Films are first sorted. Any medical records or sensitive information is incinerated. The films are enzyme bathed to release silver concentrate. The resulting silver is recovered and the clear PET plastic is recycled into carpet fibre.
- Wood is recycled into fuels, landscape applications or fibre for paper.
- Cardboard, Paper and Fibre is sent to a pulp mill for new paper.
- Metals go to a smelter to be remade into new metal.
- Glass is used as an ingredient in reflective road paint, insulation or compacting drain fill.
CHART OF ITEMS MADE FROM RECYCLED MATERIALS
|Plastics||Recycled From||Recycled Into|
|#1 PET||Bottles, packaging||Carpet fibre, nursery pots|
|#2 High Density Polyethylen||Crates, buckets||Crates, buckets|
|#3 Poly Vinyl Chloride||Window Profile, Siding||Electrical parts, extrusions|
|#4 Low Density Polyethylen||Stretch Films, bags||Bags|
|#5 Polypropylene||Car bumpers, battery cases||Nursery pots, DVD cases|
|#6 Polystyrene||Reels, signs||Used in nursery pots|
|#7 ABS, Acrylic, other||Sheet Plastics||Mostly used in sheet extrusion|
|X ray film||Clinics, NDT, Vets||Silver and PET recovery|
|Organics||Food manufacturing, logistics||Animal feeds, soils|
|Wood||Pallets, packaging||Hog fuel, fibre, energy|
|Metals||Various scrap||New metals|
|Glass||Glass Industries||Insulation, reflective paint|
|Hazardous Wastes||Flammables, Acids||Solvents, Fuels|
For information on Industrial Scrap Recycling, please click here.
FULL SERVICE CAPABILITY, CUSTOMIZED SERVICE, INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE
Blue Planet Recycling is committed to making our customers successful by solving problems and adding value to your bottom line.
- Our superior quality and service combined with our industry knowledge allow us to design, implement and execute service plans that make our customers successful.
- We have extensive knowledge and experience in recycling using best practices, technology, equipment and markets.
- We are experts in what we do, so you can focus on your core business.
- We make our customers successful by lowering disposal costs, increasing waste diversion and progressive environmental stewardship.
It starts with seamless service – our programs integrate with your production requirements so we remain flexible with pickup schedules and packaging requirements. Next, we take the time to properly handle, process, and maximize the value of incoming commodities to ensure our rebates are the best in the industry and our fees are low and efficient.