ORGANICS & FOOD WASTE RECYCLING
Blue Planet recycled 2389 cases of pop (industrial organics recycling) that was de-packaged and sent for protein recovery (fed to bugs that metabolize sugars into protein). All the plastic bottles and aluminium cans were recycled and the liquid went through our Organics Recycling program.
Food waste is an unfortunate by-product of food manufacturing and distribution. Our approach is to recover the valuable nutrients from this waste by making animal feeds, fertilizers and composted soils.
For more information on How Food Waste Recycling works, click here.
See our Organics Flyer for more information on our service click here.
WHO DO WE SERVICE?
We service large quantity industrial generators of pre-consumer food/liquid waste such as food distribution, producers, brewers, dairies and transportation/logistics carriers. We do not serve commercial, restaurant or post-consumer waste streams.
WHAT TYPES OF MATERIALS?
- Expired, distressed or otherwise unsaleable food products
- Food ingredients
- Perishable food (bulk and packaged)
- Liquids such as beer, milk, juice or syrups
- Food disposals and/or food seizures
- Packaged foods (glass, cans, plastic packaged)
- Recalled Products
- Product Destruction please see our Product Destruction page for more information
- Hazardous Wastes, liquids
We are committed to exceptional customer service. Your call or email is important to us and we understand that a prompt response is imperative. Our superior quality and service combined with our industry knowledge allows us to design, implement and execute service plans that help make our customers successful. we have extensive knowledge and experience in recycling using best practices, technology and markets. We are experts in what we do, so you can focus on your core business.
BENEFITS TO YOUR OPERATION
- Labour Savings – we pick up product on skids. No need to transfer into compactors or roll offs,
saving you time and money.
- Warehouse Space – we can pick up a combination of materials in any configuration. No need to accumulate each material for a full load. We pick up skidded product, plastics, metals, wood hazmat and more!
- No outdoor storage or weather condition issues. We pick up full skids right from your loading dock.
- Assured Destruction – our recycling process assures complete destruction and confidentiality. A Certificate of Destruction is promptly provided.
- CFIA approved recycling process.
HOW IT WORKS
- We pick up your materials on skids
- Materials are mechanically separated (organics, packaging, wood, plastics)
- Industrial Food Waste is processed by CFIA approved method into by-product (such as dirt or rendered)
- Plastic, paper, cardboard and wood packaging is recycled
- We achieve a recycling rate of up to 100%
Finished compost is tested and graded, which determines its final use. The resulting product can be used on site at the processing facility such as a farm, or it can be sold as a product that enriches soil by improving its structure and increasing its moisture and nutrient retention. When compost is used in farming, gardening and landscaping applications, it provides organic nutrients to plants without the use of chemical fertilizers and retains moisture in the soil, reducing the need for watering.
As a manufacturer, distributor or logistics service provider with a trusted brand, your reputation is critical to your bottom line. Reselling of branded merchandise poses a major threat to your reputation, so discarding excess inventory, spoiled organics, off-spec product or other distressed materials by simply taking it to the landfill isn’t an option. We provide a Certificate of Destruction for assurance.
We handle product destruction in a professional, confidential, and cost efficient timely manner.
Depending on the product, there are many different alternative destruction and recycling methods and technologies available.
These options include:
- Dismantling into components and recycling
- Organics Waste de-packaging and composting, recycling packaging
- Waste-to-Energy Incineration
- Recycle/reuse or facilitated donation
- Waste water treatment
- Ingredient, commodity or material capture for reuse in other processes
We will provide you with a Certificate of Destruction including diversion information showing how much recycling occurred. Upon request, we can provide photos, video or in-person inspections. This guarantee of certified destruction is to protect your liabilities, brand image, and proprietary information.
Let’s face it. The stakes are high for your business and your company brand. If your product falls into the wrong hands and is sold on the “grey market,” your company can face serious brand erosion, faulty or defective liabilities or terrible publicity. Don’t take any chances, let Blue Planet handle your product destruction needs and rest assured that we are making the best decisions possible for your brand and the environment.