X-RAY & LITHO FILM, MOVIE FILM,
PROJECTOR FILM AND MYLAR RECYCLING SERVICES
Blue Planet Recycling offers X-ray film, litho film, movie film, projector film and mylar film recycling services to businesses in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Seattle
We specialize in X-ray film recycling, and pick up or on-site treatment of waste film developing chemicals.
We recycle X-ray films from all industries and medical imaging practices. Industrial X-ray, hospitals, veterinary clinics, imaging clinics, dentists, urgent care & chiropractors. We have you covered.
We pick up all X-ray film and we do the legwork! Film purges, sorting, packing and transporting. Let us do the work for you!
- We can come to you and do all the heavy lifting
- We provide all necessary boxes, cages or barrels. We can even leave some behind for your collection use between pickups for X-ray film scrap
- Leave the paper jackets on! We recycle (shred) the paper too, so confidentiality is assured.
- We can provide a Certificate of Destruction so you can rest assured privacy issues are properly addressed.
SILVER RECOVERY SYSTEMS
Equipment for filtering effluent and recovering silver from discharge for photo, printing and medical industries. Available in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Seattle
Make sure you’re not flushing dangerous chemicals or metals down the drain! Our silver recyclers are experienced and trained experts that recommend, install and service the right silver recovery method for all effluent.
- In Line Electrolytic SRU
- Electrolytic Batch SRU
- Passive Ion Exchange Filters
- Pumping/Metering Systems
- Annual pump calibrations and operations check
- Final treatment filters
- Filter cleaning, testing and calibration for Silver and pH discharge
WE PUT THE CUSTOMER’S NEEDS FIRST, ALWAYS.
Start recycling your materials with Blue Planet Recycling today and we will decrease your costs and increase your revenues.
HOW DOES X-RAY FILM RECYCLING WORK?
- Step 1: We amalgamate the X-ray film at our plant where it is sorted from paper and by film type. Paper is further sorted in mixed or white office and shredded, baled and sent to the paper fiber mill for recycling. In the case of sensitive medical records, incineration is also possible.
- Step 2: The X-ray film is chipped into pieces
- Step 3: The chipped X-ray film is bathed in an enzyme which separates the emulsion (where the silver is contained on the film) from the plastic mylar (PET) sheet.
- Step 4: The plastic is further processed and recycled into PET resin, which is used in several applications including carpet fibre, fleece fabric or other textiles.
- Step 5: The emulsion – now an enzyme concentrate– is refined to a silver base, eventually ending up as silver bars
Blue Planet purchases (in quantity) a variety of film related materials for recycling and refining. The following is a list of materials we typically purchase.
- Medical X-Ray & Scans
- Motion movie
- Movie trailers
- Industrial X-Ray (NDT)
- Motion picture
- Manufacturing scrap
- Post consumer
- Post manufacturing