PLANNING, STRATEGY &
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
FIRST, LET US FIGURE OUT YOUR NEEDS…
We’ve seen it all and we have the experience to design a solid program. Leverage our knowledge and let us determine how best to handle your by-products and recycling needs. We will propose a system with not only your operational efficiency in mind, but with care and attention to where things go. You will be truly proud of how well your materials are handled.
Our recycling audit will offer suggestions and recommendations, a comparison to similar operations and advice to help you become a leader in your respective industry. You can bank on our experience to improve your Corporate Social Responsibility.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
More and more customers look at an overall picture of who they do business with. How good is your environmental image? By working with us you will have a lot to be proud of. Many of our customers that utilize Blue Planet services are proud to include their resulting efforts in their annual reports, newsletters and advertising. Doing business with Blue Planet has many benefits for your Corporate Socially Responsible image:
- We can provide regular reporting and tracking.
- We will work on the best solutions for your materials and show you where they go so you can communicate that with your employees and clients.
- We are happy to be associated with your brand – use Blue Planet on your website or in advertising to promote your efforts.
“88% of consumers said they were more likely to buy from a company that supports and engages in activities to improve society.”
WHAT IS CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY?
CSR is about more than environmental responsibility or having a recycling policy. CSR is about considering the big picture, now and in the future, from your day to day internal processes through to your clients or customers.
BLUE PLANET RECYCLING: WORLD-CLASS PARTNERS IN CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
Trying to improve your CSR? Feeling overwhelmed by the regulations? Noticed that none of the cookie-cutter solutions work for your business? You’re not alone. Managing this complex area is difficult because there is no system in place that recognizes no two businesses are alike. Until now. We can work with you to design a custom system that fits your needs. Together, we’ll improve processes and implement a recycling program that takes care of your waste, so you can take care of your bottom line.
We know what we’re doing. Here are just a few facts to consider:
- In 2016, we recycled 11 million kgs of plastics, 55% of which was re-supplied to North American re-use manufacturing and another 45% went to further reprocessing overseas. 100% stayed out of oceans and landfills.
- In 2016, we recycled 217,000 kgs of organic food waste from distributors and food manufacturers. Organic materials were separated from packaging and sent to various optimized solutions including fortified organics soils, animal feeds and protein rendering. As for the packaging, if it could be recycled, we found a way to do it.
- Our wood program recovered over 300,000 kgs of wood waste in 2016, converting it into fuels, landscape materials and building products.
- With our Hazardous Waste Carrier license, we diverted more than 120,000 litres of flammables, acids and other dangerous chemicals into repurposed fuels and paints. That’s 120,000 litres of waste that has been reused and saved from disposal.
A Provincial Health facility had years of X-ray records that needed disposal. Due to the sensitive nature of the patient files, and the risk of silver concentrate leaching into soils, X-ray film cannot be landfilled. Highly experienced in this area, we sorted and recycled all the paper files and recycled the X-ray films into silver concentrate and PET plastic. The proceeds of the silver recovery not only paid for the recycling service, but a sizable rebate was given back to the agency to help fund further cancer research.
We recently worked with a natural supplements company, not only crafting a plan to recycle their plastics, wood, and glass, but also their natural heath product wastes. We figured out how to turn this waste into fortifying organic soils. In its first year, the program successfully diverted 126,000 kgs of supplement waste (?) from the landfill and saved the company thousands of dollars.
A Canadian cosmetics producer with a strong CSR mandate approached us with a problem. They couldn’t find a single vendor to handle their many sensitive waste streams, which included both hazardous wastes and recyclables. We created an innovative plan that has brought the company cost savings, efficiency, and peace of mind. Best of all, says the client, there’s not more clutter.