Frequently Asked Questions about Recycling with Blue Planet
Blue Planet Recycling acquired AG Envirotech in 2014 and all services have now been integrated into our operations. We offer the same quality service and recycling all the same materials. More info
First, look for a symbol on the plastic. If there is no symbol try a burn test (do not inhale directly!) For further information, click here.
Your waste materials’ value depends on several factors and the more information you can provide the better we can assess the value and give you a prompt answer.
- Type or plastic or metals – Certain types of plastics and metals are more valuable than others; acrylics and polycarbonates are more valuable than LDPE or PVC for example.
- Quantity – Small batches are inefficient and harder to process, but we may “batch” your scrap with someone else’s! Large consistent and ongoing supplies are most valuable.
- Contamination – Materials from manufacturing that are clean, consistent and have no stickers, labels, metals or dirt attached to them are obviously more valuable than dirty oil bottles or drums with hazardous residues.
- Origin – Where did the material originate from?
- Location – Where is the material located? Proximity to one of our plants makes a difference in freight costs.
- Processing cost – is the material an easy grind or is there a lot of labour involved?
More info on our rebate programs page
We supply industries from every imaginable sector. See our chart for more information.
Our manufacturing plant is in Langley, BC but can service many additional markets with affiliate partners in Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Seattle, and Portland. Please click here for our full list of market areas served.
We specialize in resupplying reprocessed plastic, metal, hazardous wastes and other materials back to domestic users for products made locally. We do not just ship everything off to the developing world. This not only ensures materials are recycled in regulated jurisdictions, but allows us to maximize the value of the materials we recycle. Visit our about page for more information.
We pick up pre-consumer organics (packaged food products) and access innovative solutions for nutritional content recovery. Our recovered food products are used in animal feeds, composted soil and fertilizer. In our process all materials are “destroyed” – the packaging is removed and recycled, and the product is destroyed well beyond recognition guaranteeing destruction. We even recycle down to the shrink wrap and wood pallet! See our Organics page for more information.
No, unfortunately we are an industrial plastics recycler. Please contact your local waste company for alternative options. See our styrofoam page for more information.
Please see our complete list click here.